Phew. Been working on this one for a few months. A put out a smaller version a while back, then realized it had more potential. So I added, a lot. And made it huge. I’m proud of it. There’s a lot of little details that are easy to miss, especially when it’s shrunk down like this. (If you can find the negative space crab, I’ll be impressed.
I still need to clean up a few things (especially the lips and the transition to the waterfall). But I think it’s on track to be one of my most complex pieces.
94×73 inch digital painting
copr Blu-art and Arktic-ink 2018, all rights reserved.
Full composite poster using free assets from a limited pool and color pallet (a color and it’s opposite alongside black and white). I chose red and green so I could dip into ochre and pale whites for the skin and hair:
I like how it turned out. It’s a little rushed but I’ll clean it up at some point XD.
I blended down an elephants face on the arm to make that scaling and leathery effect. The stuff coming out from behind his is a mixture of recolored clouds and underwater bubbles. I used text function to make the command prompt look on his face and hands. I did a lot of dynamic lighting to make the base image blend better. I recolored the eyes (because that’s fun for me) to a grey-green and used paint to suggest face-paint.